As a group of believers we believe that the Gospel is for sharing and therefore we are committed to mission and evangelism both at home and overseas. We also believe that for Christians to grow in their relationship with Christ and love for one another, and the world, there needs to be provision for meeting together on a regular basis. Nothing of eternal value can be achieved without prayer. For this reason, our activities include:
- Café Inspire is a joint venture with the Anglican church and meets in Shrivenham school hall on the second Saturday of the month between 10 and 11:30am. Just come for a cup of coffee and a chat, perhaps also taking the opportunity to have a bacon roll or a home made cake or to read some of the day’s newspapers. Our younger guests can play with a range of toys and join in crafts . We have a regular discussion time when matters related to Christian beliefs and/or current affairs are considered (eg “What would Jesus say to……..”) etc.
- Weekly ‘Refreshers’ Coffee and chat on a Tuesday morning from 8.30 am – pop in for coffee.
- We have a weekly Songs and stories for little ones on a Wednesday morning during school term time.
- Monthly Saturday Coffee Shop – the 1st Saturday in the month from 10am. Pop in for tea or coffee and buy cake to take home
- Regular pastoral/fellowship group meetings – these tend to be held monthly and might be a Bible study, speaker or Social activity.
- Church Bible study
- We have several opportunities to join in with prayer: Saturday morning breakfast from 8.30am, Thursday evening – an hour from 6.30pm,
- Active support of Fairtrade products
- Active support of the Phakamisa Project in South Africa
- Children and youth activities
- A banner group meets to make banners for decorating the church
We co-operate in Mission and Ministry with the local Parish Church wherever possible, including joint outreach and worship on special occasions.